Contagion of Compassion Official Website

Visit our official website at www.contagionofcompassion.com

Thursday, September 24, 2009

What's Different Today?

I've been on this Contagion of Compassion quest for a couple of weeks now and I must say, it's been challenging. I knew that taking on this endeavor would be time consuming and that I would have to devote a substantial amount of energy into getting it out there on the net.

What I didn't realize is how much it would change my life by changing my perspective. I'm a great fan of changing one's perspective - learning new things, growing. I'm sure you can see that from my messages.

What's different today is that I woke up feeling a sense of peace I haven't felt in quite some years. I never realized how much stress I woke up with before I woke up without it today.

My circumstances haven't changed much. I'm still in the same position I was yesterday. I have contention in my relationship. Contention with the bill collectors. Contention with immediate family members with whom I never really have seen eye-to-eye. But my internal contention has been alleviated in some measurable way.

That contention does not dictate that I retaliate, that I compromise my goal of achieving a compassionate life, that I grasp onto anger or bitterness.

That contention, and contention in its many forms, presents the opportunity for self knowledge and evolution of the Spirit.

It's still with me, that sense of peace. I've been making a concerted effort to practice what I preach - be more compassionate when and where I can. Send forth into the universal energy my prayers for the well being of mankind. Corny as it sounds, it's true that your thoughts radiate outward. And inwardly, I'm reaping the rewards with a sense of peace.

It gives me a renewed sense of purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment