Contagion of Compassion Official Website

Visit our official website at www.contagionofcompassion.com

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Just Another Wednesday

I found this interesting article on ArticleStreet.com called, "Overcoming Rejection by Cultivating High Self-Compassion."

I hope I'm not engaging in a faux paus here in terms of adding an article written by someone else to my blog.  I'm new to this so I'm just familiarizing myself with the rules.  Invariably, after I've taken the action I desire, I find out there was some procedure that I neglected to follow.

But isn't that the beauty of life?  Making mistakes and learning from them.  I love that part of life where you get to laugh at yourself and say, "oops!"  People often fear mistakes, or get angry over mistakes (either their own or the mistakes of loved ones).  I say, "SO WHAT?"  So what if you knew better and did it anyway?  So what if you took a chance and it didn't pan out?  So what?

Words have the meaning we associate with them.  Words are emotionally charged.  I find mistakes invigorating, challenging, even joyous (opinion - not judgment).  Others find mistakes wrong and bad and not to be made (judgment - not opinion).

I challenge you to enjoy your mistakes.  Learn from them.  Grow from them.  Befriend them.  You are human and you cannot help but make them.  What you might discover is a new purpose for your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment