Contagion of Compassion Official Website

Visit our official website at www.contagionofcompassion.com

Friday, October 2, 2009

What Lies Beyond

I had a conversation with someone who is extremely spiritual this morning.  She has an advanced psychic ability which I have seen with my own eyes, experienced with my own senses and witnessed many times.

She is a medium of great skill and versed in the language of the spirit world.

We were discussing the phenomenon, from the perspective of the person who has crossed over, of the residual energy that loved ones experience after their death.  Why is it in the first year or so after your loved one dies that you feel their presence and know when they are around?  Why is it that over time, that dissipates and you may know that their spirit is near, but you don't feel it in the same way that you did when they first left this plane?

I have a theory

I'm a scientist by nature and approach the abstract with that same desire to experiment, examine the evidence and formulate a conclusion based on what I observe with my senses.  All along, keeping in mind that it is human nature to see what we want to see, hear what we want to hear, feel what we want to feel.  I try to approach my understandings with an objective eye, as much as I can.


The most profound of experiences for me with this subject occurred in relation to James' crossing. 

During that first year, I could feel him around me with such intensity, that I knew when he was in the room with me, comforting me, letting me know that where he was is a good place, a joyous and blissful place.  He was safe, he was happy, he was free in a way that only someone in pure spirit energy form could be.

Seven years later, while I still have indications and signs that he is nearby, I don't feel that powerful sense of his presence.  I don't feel that glorious feeling that I had when he first crossed and I knew this feeling I was experiencing is James' energy.

It's very possible that I've somehow changed in my perception.  But my conclusion is that some other phenomenon has occurred.

I believe that when a person dies, their transition into the spirit realm is not an instant transition.  When a spirit finds the light and enters, they have fully crossed but their energy requires time to complete the transition.  Their energy is still connected to the realm they are leaving behind.

I likened this to the residual feeling you get after going on a spectacular vacation.  You return home, still feeling  that joy of your experiences.  Your energy remains partly at that vacation destination and partly back to the circumstances of your every day and over time, you step more fully back into the here and now of your life.  Over time, you fall back into your routine and the intensity dissipates.  You still recall that vacation with fondness and retain that good feeling.  But you return to the present, focused on the day to day at hand.

I don't know if this is the greatest of examples, but it's along the lines of what I believe happens.  Your spirit energy requires time to fully immerse into the spirit realm.  And I believe that God, in God's infinite wisdom and love for humanity, gifted the living with this transition period to learn how to let go of the people they loved who have crossed over.

No comments:

Post a Comment