Contagion of Compassion Official Website

Visit our official website at www.contagionofcompassion.com

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Making the Moment Count

Yesterday, I watched someone who has been experiencing some "down" time take the day into her hands and make the moment count. She picked herself up, pushed herself out the door, and seized the day.

She got a lot accomplished. More in a couple of hours than she had in the entire month.

That's inspiration!


Often, when stress has gotten the better or me, I feel as though making any movement forward would require far more energy than I possess.  I want to stay still, stay motionless, stay stuck.  Taking the initiative to move forward and accomplish some task, any task that would further my goal(s) is monumental and there usually is no audience to cheer me on.

It starts with a thought in my mind.  Just do this one small thing.  Just try to get one task, no matter how seemingly insignificant it may be, checked off the list of things to do.  That usually gets me going.  Once I have that one task done, I am eager to more accomplished.

Each moment, even the bad moments, is its own classroom in which we can learn more about ourselves and life.  Make each moment count by paying attention, being mindful, being alert to the lessons it holds for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment